So, how in the world can you deal with all that autism brings to your life and keep sane?
1. Choose joy, and be able to laugh at your situation. It makes life a lot easier, trust me. Sometimes people think I have been to happy hour, but no, no drinking here.
2. If you need to cry, just do it. Get it out. It is cleansing, it is needed.
3. Get fit. I just joined a gym (for the first time) lost 5% body fat since January and now I wonder why I didn’t do this earlier. I eat pretty much what I want, log my food and work with a personal trainer. OK, this is all about me. It’s great for stress, sleep and I’m starting to become a fat burning machine, ready for the day.
4. Organize and declutter – you don’t need more stress.
5. Seek God and when you are in the middle of a meltdown in public, just pray and keep praying. This too will pass. God is available 24/7 to help you through. Go to church if possible, and take your child. This one is hard for me but my son loves to sing so he is in the choir. Not perfect but worth the social outing around people who care. Sometimes I end up bringing him back home, but I’m a big girl, I can handle it. I just head back to church and go on with my day. My hubby doesn’t care to go, so he’s there when needed, such a blessing he is.
6. Advocate and then advocate more. Keep a close eye on your school. You will make things better for your child and those to come.
7. Make life as good as possible for your child. You are his cheerleader, his world, his comfort zone. Try to keep your child as healthy as possible. My son has grand mal seizures, hard to deal with, but have to leave this one on the altar.
I don’t think about this one only as needed. God is there, God will take care of this.
8. Be brave like a combat soldier. Fight the fight, be strong. Do your best, that’s all you have.
9. Let every pot sit on its own bottom. That includes extended relatives, friends, you already have a lot to deal with. I’m not sure where this came from, but I love it. Don’t help those who don’t really need it and only help your disabled child as needed. They can do a lot for themselves and it will make it easier for you.
10. Seek Christian friends who will understand your loss, but laugh along with you on the journey. Pray that one day there will be answers but for today, carry on and just be happy.
You are more than you know. People admire you from afar. This is the life God wanted you to have. Thank him everyday for making you strong and lean.
Hope this helps someone out there on there journey, now go on, be happy, get over it.
I worry sometimes, I don’t think excessively, but I do worry.
I worry about traffic, a big one, I think more than I should.
I was in a few accidents when I was young and it left its’ mark on me.
I don’t think others understand, only God can.
And only he can save me from this grip of fear.
It seems silly, sometimes, the time I spent worrying about the weather
And how it would affect the day, the highways
And don’t get me started on the interstates
They scare me, really
So, today I’m praying for strength to overcome this fear
I am able to drive in regular traffic
I have overcome so much
So, this will be a big one
When I no longer fear driving
There are those who actually love driving
I don’t get it, I don’t understand,
But I know I need to face this fear more
There are those who need me to be strong.
Do you have fears?
Join me in this prayer if you choose.
For today, you know my heart, you know my fears. Yet, in this moment, you are here. Forgive me for letting this fear grip me
from doing what I should at times, skipping out on things that mattered. Let me know that you are with me, no matter what. I pray for my family, they don’t get it. It is a problem. So, today, I’m praying for strength and safety for the day ahead. For those who suffer fear of any kind, I pray for your help, your presence. I am strong through you.
In Jesus name,
Now, for today, take time, breathe along with me. We can do this.
So when I started, these were my priorities. Now time to update.
1. I want to be able to find things.
update: have loaded up the car, heading to GW this morning, but still a lot to do. Can’t wait for the end results.
2. I want to be able to have a clear mind, uncluttered and a healthy body.
update: We go the gym daily, down 5% in body fat and 5 pounds in weight since January 1.
3. I want a clean home, not just surface clean.
update: Cleaned my son’s room yesterday, cleaning will be easy when the clutter is gone, yeah!!
4. I want time for my family, those that matter.
update: Taking time to listen more, can’t wait for warmer weather for outings with family.
5. More than all these, I want time for God.
update: Praying more and trying to worry less.
So, it all sounds pretty well. But, Saturday, my mother and I got on the subject of clutter. I try not to touch this topic with her. She always wants to blame other people for her clutter, and she is elderly and I don’t expect her to do anything about it. But does she have to blame me? I left home over 20 years ago. It’s gotten worse since I left there, always holding on and never letting go of much. She has stuff everywhere, a large garage up to the ceiling, an attic stuffed. It is a safety issue also but I’ve just resigned myself that I won’t be able to help with it, there is too much emotional attachment to stuff, yet in the midst of it, she blames me, so deep down, it must be a problem? It is really a stressful problem, all about stuff.
And, that, I think is why I want to let go of my own clutter, once and for all.
It’s not important, stuff is just that, stuff.
Anyhow, today, I pray that my mother will find peace and let it be, whatever. I can’t fix it, I need to fix me. Pray for us today.
Have a blessed week.
“The bread which you do not use is the bread of the hungry; the garment hanging in your wardrobe is the garment of him who is naked; the shoes that you do not wear are the shoes of the one who is barefoot; the money that you keep locked away is the money of the poor; the acts of charity that you do not perform are so many injustices that you commit.”
Thank you for putting this all together in a few concise sentences. In the land of plenty, it’s so easy to hold on to things you don’t need, but in essence, it really it wrong, even an injustice. I’ve got plenty to get rid of today.
My clutter does not seem look that bad, it is just too much, claustrophic in some ways. I feel bad today for the warm jackets that I keep. Maybe it is overwhelming because there are others who may use them.
So, today, as I work on my decluttering, I’m thinking of the hungry, the naked, the barefoot, the poor and working to right the injustices I have committed.
You have been so good to me. Let me remember your mercy, your grace. Let me feel your forgiveness as I let go of any chains that may hold me. I am wonderfully made. Teach me to live that way. Teach me to let go not worrying about the past, what I paid for something, something someone gave me, unless it means something to me deep in my heart. I think that may only be a few things.
Giving praise for the decluttering beginning with new vision, new hope,
In Jesus name,
It’s so strange when you lose a sibling, you think they will always be there for you and you for them.
You feel some sort of strange guilt, hard to explain
A sorrow like no other and with a long illness
The mourning begins long before they are actually gone
Disappointing doctor reports, devastating pain
And after about 6 years, she was gone, leaving a young daughter
Coming to grips with death and loss will never be easy
But God helps us if we ask, he lets us let this loved one go
He assures us that they are free of a sick, weak body
They are all new now for eternity
So today, I”ll shed a few tears of what could have been
But know that this life is short and that she is just fine.
Have a Happy February, God wants it for you and me.
Even in the sorrow of a cold February day.
And come up for air, just breathe.
For the safety of this week, I give you thanks. I pray for those still in harm’s way.
In Jesus name,
Hope you have a safe weekend!!
I just don’t have time for worry and doubt anymore.
God is here and I am worthy.
Today, as one part of my journey, the weight loss part, I am now down 5 pounds since the beginning of January, and for some that may not seem like a big deal. But, by going to the gym and working with a trainer and logging my weight, I have also lost 5% body fat. I’m really proud of that number, and because of working out, you get plenty to eat, no deprivation. My hubby loves it too and he’s doing great. God must have been there when we stepped into the gym the first time. Now, I actually look forward to going. Only God can give you the perfect plan for you, where you are.
I’m thanking you in advance that the weight will continue to drop. I need to be healthy. I need to do your work and I have so many who depend on me. I thank you for finding me the help that I need. Lead me on this path, clearing out worry and doubt, that would make me weak. You want me strong, you want me healthy. I’m praying for all those who suffer, may they know your presence.
In Jesus name,
Thanks for reading and can’t wait to get back to the gym. We were homebound yesterday due to the weather. I never thought I could like or miss going to the gym. Go figure, right?